The latest local crime reports show some pretty scary numbers. These lead me to believe that there is more than enough reason to motivate the average American to get some sort of security in their home or business. I believe I have found the most cost-effective ways to fight back against all the crime that is going on. You can do it yourself (DIY) and not have monitoring, or hire the most affordable monitoring company.
According to this FBI report on Property Crime in 2015, there were an estimated 7,993,631 property crime offenses in the nation. The report cites that the population of the US in 2015 was 321,418,820. So that means there were 2487 property crimes per 100,000 people. That’s a lot of property crimes!
The report shows staggering numbers. So much murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, property crime, burglary and larceny-theft. The report says that the rates are going down every year. Great. Not so much good news when you look at how much crime is still going on. I believe that increased surveillance and security systems are helping numbers go down. Let’s do what we can to help these numbers go down!
According the “Latest Crime Statistics Released” in this FBI report, there were an estimated 1,197,704 violent crimes committed around the nation. While that was an increase from 2014 figures, the 2015 violent crime total was 0.7 percent lower than the 2011 level and 16.5 percent below the 2006 level.
This “Latest Crime Statistics Released” report quotes Crime in the United States, 2015:
- The estimated number of murders in the nation was 15,696.
- During the year, there were an estimated 90,185 rapes. (This figure currently reflects UCR’s legacy definition. Learn more about the revised rape definition.)
- There were an estimated 327,374 robberies nationwide, which accounted for an estimated $390 million in losses (average dollar value of stolen property per reported robbery was $1,190).
- Firearms were used in 71.5 percent of the nation’s murders, 40.8 percent of robberies, and 24.2 percent of aggravated assaults.
- Property crimes resulted in losses estimated at $14.3 billion. The total value of reported stolen property (i.e., currency, jewelry, motor vehicles, electronics, firearms) was $12,420,364,454.
Please leave your thoughts and comments below. I recommend the following for getting started on a security system for you and your family. There are affordable DIY options available as well as the cheapest monitored system that I know of as well. Please do one of the following 3 things ASAP to protect yourself against such craziness in the world:
DIY Security System
- Arlo Pro Security Camera System – completely wire-free
- Nest Camera System – wireless but needs power
Call me to talk about a custom package for you at ADT:
Fill out the ADT quote request/rebate form: